A permanent aim is to enhance the quality of teaching and research by making available the means for these to develop. This is being done by establishing different types of partnerships with local business and industry and research bodies and by developing new types of cooperative activities especially in the use of new technologies for distance learning. These different lines of development will enable the University to increase its skills base and boost its many strengths to maintain the first class position which it rightfully occupies in the current movements of expansion in European higher education.
A few figures
- including over 1,000 students at the IUT
- nearly 1,800 foreign students
- and 653 on student mobility programmes
- 993 staff including
- 653 teachers and teacher/researchers
- 340 personnel in administration, research and training.